Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Etude House Haul

Hi everyone!

During my recent trip to Hong Kong... I made it my goal to get my hands on some Asian products that I wouldn't be able to get back at home for an affordable price. I am still quite a newbie at makeup, so I figured that I wanted to buy some products that were beginner friendly in cost! So I decided to focus on the heavily coveted Korean brand Etude House.

Etude House is cosmetic brand from South Korean that is known for its cute and princess-like package. In addition, it is equivalent or can even be cheaper than some drugstore brands in Canada! Nonetheless, the quality of the products is not sacrificed despite the affordable price range. This was the easiest brand for me to research prior to my trip because there are so many reviews online. There were also quite a number of branches in the city so the accessibility was also a deciding factor! 

I went to the branch located in Mong Kok. The store is located in between two of the best street markets in the city, which are Ladies' Market (Tung Choi Street) and Fa Yuen Street. It is also very close to an MTR exit, making it extremely accessible by use of the underground transit. When traveling there, one would get off at the Mong Kok station and exit from D3. Continue walking on Argyle Street towards Fa Yuen Street, and it'll be on the sidewalk corner. I would recommend visiting this branch, as there is so much fashion shopping surrounding the shop!

Sadly, I could not get a picture of the store as the walking crowds on the street would've bumped me away! The store was on the average, or slightly smaller than average, size which I expected as it was in such in crowded area. However, the store did have most of the products that I was interested in!

Here are the items that I bought!


From left to right:
  • Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
  • Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk - OR205 (Excited Orange)
  •  Etude House Rosy Tint Lips - #08 (After Blossom)
  • Etude House Oh M'eye Line x2
  • Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil - #06 (Black)
  • Etude House Styling Eyeliner - #02 (White)

 After making my purchase, the cashier asked me if I wanted to sign up for a membership card. Not only was it free to sign up, but the card is so freaking adorable, so I just had to get one! Too bad I won't be able to use it often now.


Another great reason to purchase from a Korean cosmetic/skincare brand: free samples! I was so excited to get these as I watched the cashier placing them in my paper bag. The samples I got were:
  • Etude House Sunrpise Must Daily (SPF50+/PA+++) x2
  • Etude House Pearl Aura Brightening Essence x2
  • Etude House Baking Powder B.B. Deep Cleansing Foam x3

All in all, I'm super excited to try all these products out! This is my first time buying so much makeup in one go, and I have somewhat high expectations after doing research on what's highly rated. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I bought at Etude House, and some product reviews will be coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to try Etude House's products! Their products are so hard to get in the US :/ hehe Lovely post <3
    I'd love it if we could follow each other on GFC! Let me know if you follow me, so I can follow you right back~

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Payton! Thanks for checking out the blog. <3 Yes, that's why I made it a must-do when I visited Asia hehe. :) It's also possible to get where I live... but the prices are unreasonably higher. :< I just checked out your blog and followed you! I'll post on your latest post so you see. :)

      Delete